Tuesday 22 November 2016

Art Journal mono printing!


It's no secret that I LOVE a bit of mono printing. I love it's messiness and complete unpredictability! To  make these pages I used a large plate by Gel Press, and the very fabulous Media Line paints by Dina Wakley for Ranger Ink. I think these products were made for each other!

I worked in my Dylusions square black journal because I am in love with that journal at the moment, but I began with a messy layer of white gesso, before building up lots and lots of layers of printing, even more layers of printing, stencilling, and stamping.


And here are the pages side-by-side in my journal. There's no secret to printing straight into your journal ... you just pick up your journal, tip it over, and press it onto the printing plate. Simples!

In truth these pages are not as dark as they look here but winter has arrived in the UK which means we get very little light, and some days it hardly seems to get light at all :-((


Here's a few close ups of the yummy grungy messy texture:


I punched some large circles from another print and turned them into flower and stitched onto them:


And here are some progress pics, so you can see how I like to build up lots of printed layers:




I cleaned off my brayer and my gel plate onto a spare bit of card which was just too nice to throw away so I used my gel Press mini (the circle!) to make a flower head. The minis are fantastic - you can press them onto an acetate block and then directly print with them onto your journal pages. 
I then stuck them into my large strathmore journal. A few dots with some liquid pearls turned my circle into a large flower head.



And of course I had to add this little fella to another print which I stuck into my large Strathmore journal too.


I used some of these techniques in my latest regular art journaling class at Art from the Heart. Here we all are having a lot of messy fun! They all made some fantastic pages :-)




 Byee for now!











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!